Friday 15 October 2010

Lots of Lovely Fruit Juice - Hopefully!

I've been looking for a reliable and easy way to preserve fruit juice and last year bought a Samson 6 in 1 juicer.  It has worked well and extract lots of juice but the juice then needs to be pasteurised in order to be stored for more than a day or so.  I could freeze the juice but freezer space is at a premium at Holly Grove.  The other drawback to this juicer is that it is messy to use and awkward to clean.  On the plus side it does have other uses such as mincing etc.

It was interesting to read a review of steaming for juice extraction on The Cottage Smallholder that encouraged me to search for further recommendations which I found here.  

As a result of these posts and a bit more research on line I've just ordered a Beka Fruit Steamer from Amazon - Amazon have a 20% off offer on this steamer until 20th October.  It should arrive tomorrow and I can't wait to juice some of our apple harvest - I'll post a review once I've tried it out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...