Monday 28 December 2009

The Great Day Dawns!

By the time you read this, dear readers, the wedding cake will have arrived at its destination and the wedding celebrations will have begun.

It's been a real challenge to produce a cake good enough for my son's wedding, I hope that I've managed to make the best cake that my skills will allow. The hardest part of all, of course, is the icing as its on show, and this was also the most traumatic part of the preparations. All the cake lacks in these photos is the Bride and Groom topper that my niece, O has made and will be bringing along on the great day - more photos to follow.


So raise a glass of your favourite tipple (mine's champagne) and wish G & K a joyful and fulfilling life together - good health and happiness!

3 comments:

Sylvie said...

It looks beautiful and I'm sure it was a complete success! Congratulations to G&K!

Susan@Holly Grove said...

Thank you Sylvie. The wedding cake was a great success (as was the weddingday) and I received many compliments on the look and the taste (most important).

Kells said...

Goodness it looked and tasted amazing, I am a very lucky lady ... :-) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...